I just backed up this project on KickStarter
What is MicroLink GSM?
Tiny self-contained board that can do automation, alerts, cellular data, phone calls, SMS text messages, and more – USB plug & play.
- Atmel Atmega328P microcontroller – same as Arduino UNO
- Latest generation SIM800H module (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Genuine FTDI USB chip
- Interrupt pins available
- An LED is connected to pin D13, same as the Arduino UNO
- Gold plated IPEX u.Fl antenna connector
- Quad-band multi-region antenna included
- Accepts standard sized SIM card
- 6 uA sleep current (Extra Flash: 11 uA)
- Approx. 10 mA typical processing current
- Approx. 400 mA net peak momentary current during GSM events
- Can be powered and programmed by USB Micro USB
- UART (Serial), SPI, and I2C peripherals
- Atmega328P talks with SIM800H using AT commands (easy, reliable)
- 0.1 inch pitch pins – can fit on a standard breadboard.